WHOOOOOAAAH. Happy new year to you all and your families hope you all had amazing holidays and got time to relax. We thank God for 2014 and making all things possible and, Now that 2015 is here its a brand new year and new beginnings we pray that he continues to guide us.
I finally relaxed my hair myself on the 1st of January new years day at 17 weeks post, and i was really excited to see if i had reached my goal of bsl and sadly i havent i lost that one but guess what i did gain a lot of thickness and my hair is stronger healthier hair goal of 2014 achieved 100%. I will get there soon just 1 more inch hoping i dont get a set back. So this time around i decided to use a different relaxer used the ORS HAIRepair no lye relaxer system normal. I should say i really liked this relaxer it did not relax my hair bone straight. How i did my relaxer prep is i used Tomes edition method for relaxer day prep image below:
then on the one day before relaxer i detangled my hair the night before and put extra virgin olive oil on the hair ends avoiding the roots. I put my hair in twists then wore my wig and celebrated into the new year.
1. I began applying my relaxer from the back working my way towards the top and front of my head.
2. i kept it in for abt 13 - 15 minutes which i was hoping for and washed out the relaxer thoroughly i prefer to use the shower when rinsing out my relaxer.
3. I applied Aphogee 2 min Recontructor for about 5 minutes to add some strength to my strands.
4. Rinsed out the Aphogee 2 minute reconstrutor then applied my deep conditioning treatment a mixture of
Queen Helene Cholesterol and ORS Olive Oil Hair Masque for 20 mins under my heat cap.
5. Rinsed out deep conditioner and wrapped my hair in my old tshirt for about 30 minutes
6. Applied my leave in conditioners Aphogee Keratin and green tea restructurizer and Giovanni direct leave in weightless weightless moisture conditioner.
7. This time around i decided to air dry my hair i did not even use my bonnet dryer attachment am now scared of heat, let alone the thought of flat ironing freaked me out.
8. I decided to blow dry my hair a few days later for a length check which the results told me i m officially full APL .
Now on to 2015 healthy hair goals:
I'm ready to take my hair care even more seriously and watch my hair thrive.
What are your hair goals for 2015 ?
Happy New Year Lovelies,
Happy hair growing