Monday 20 October 2014

Hair update and Protective style box braids

Hi Beauties

I have been really busy of late and should i also say feeling lazy to blog. Yeah am blaming it on the weather it is summer now and one of those lazy hot months.

What have we been up to in the past couple of weeks, my hair and i that is. Well i have been having the most simplest wash days, moisturizing and sealing has been amazing i m in and out of the bathroom in a few minutes compared to when i began my healthy hair journey. It was a mission it would take me close to an hour moisturizing and sealing only.
Of late my hair has been very behaved no breakage, no tangles, shedding very minimal and overall it feels and looks healthy i m impressed with my hair for now and i am hoping to keep it that way for a very long time to come. i did a Henna treatment 2 weeks ago and yes i am getting to like the henna treatment more i think i am adding it to my staples list.
  • Firstly i mixed my powders Henna , Amla and Brahmi powder 
  • I went on to add 1 tablespoon of honey a teaspoon of lemon juice and a tablespoon of olive oil.
  • then left it for about 4 hours
  • applied the henna mixture and let it sit in my hair for one hour and rinsed out 
  • i decided to do a remoisturizing deep conditioning treatment as my hair felt a bit dry and hard
  • i d'cd for about 30 mins with heat using Elasta QP DPR-11+ deep penetrating remoisturizing conditioner.
  • rinsed it out then applied my leave in Cantu shea butter leave in conditioner and air dried hair in a bun
  • i let my hair loose for the whole week felt good and airy.

The Wash Day Experience
I am now in box braids for my protective style got them installed yesterday thinking i will keep them in for 6-8 weeks at least will remove them closer to my relaxer day. I will relax at 16 weeks post which is end of December.

For my braids regimen:

  • For shampooing i will use a dry cleansing shampoo like witch hazel and sulphate free shampoo and will wash after every 2 weeks concentrating on my scalp.
  • i will deep condition as usual using my ORS Replenishing conditioner or aphogee 2 min.
  • spray leave in conditioners
  • Castor oil and coconut oil for my scalp hair line and nape at least 3 times a week
  • Spray a water based moisturizer (African Pride braid spray)
  • lightly seal braids with Jojoba oil or grapeseed oil
  • sleep with a satin scarf.
till next update love you alls.

Curlyeva....xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next relaxer day.....