Wednesday, 26 March 2014
My updated Texlaxed Hair Regimen
Now that my hair texture has really changed from the bone straight relaxer type i have decided to change my regimen to suit my new texlaxed type hair and am loving how healthy its become. This regimen also helps manage my hair during the new growth stage now that i stretch my relaxers far apart.
· Shampoo once a week, on either Wednesday or Thursday
· Alternate between Tresemme Naturals nourishing moisture; ORS HaiRepair Sulphate free shampoo and ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo
· Use applicator bottle; or spray bottle makes cleaning hair easier.
· Let shampoo sit on hair for a while before washing out. Massage product in scalp to remove dirt & build up.
· Co-wash once a week, or as needed with cheap conditioner mixed with oils, carrier and essential. Add glycerin if needed.
· More than likely will use Tresemme Nourishing Moisture Shampoo conditioner
· As with shampoo, use in applicator bottle/ spray bottle It makes getting to your roots easier.
*Right now, I have gotten into co-washing before I shampoo so that my hair still has moisture and is not totally stripped from the shampooing process. It works pretty well.
Deep condition 2x a week (if possible) but usually 1x
· Typically, I use Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner mixed with a teaspoon of castor oil(JBCO) and I deep condition overnight
· I plan to incorporate deep conditioning with coconut oil more overnight to strengthen hair during the washing process.
· Moisture conditioner: 2x a month
· Mix up favorite moisturizing conditioners, along with avocado oil, coconut oil, and olive oil
· Heavy Protein: Once a month. ORS Hair Mayonnaise
· Mix protein conditioners, along with coconut oil.
· Light protein: Once a month
· ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
· Moisturize and seal every night on dry/air dried hair Elasta QP Olive oil and Mango butter Moisturizer or ORS HaiRepair Anti-Breakage crème.
· Use rich oils to seal in water and do light scalp massage, Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO), Hot six oil, Wild growth hair oil
On top, use shea butter mix.
· Seal in butter mix with coconut or olive oil.
· If bunning, do 3-4 braids.
· If wearing wig, at least 10-12 braids to lay hair flat.
· If braid out, do medium sized braids.
· Wear satin bonnet/scarf every night.