Monday 7 July 2014

Finally braids are out @ 6 weeks

Hie all

Hope you are all good, I am relieved, Yep i could not wait to undo my braids. I would normally go beyond 6 weeks but not exceed 8 weeks, this time i suffered to stretch to 6 weeks and probably because i had 2 washes only so my scalp was becoming itchy and i couldnt handle it. One other thing is i missed my hair so much.
I will share my experience of how i removed my Senegalese twists and the process of detangling through to deep conditioning and my protective style after the take down.

1. I unravel the twists or braids carefully in sections ( I usually do about 10-12
2. I then moisturized the unraveled section with a water and conditioner mix ( i use this mix to moisturize because the idea is to provide your hair with enough slip to detangle with ease).
3. Massage the mix in a downward method making sure all strands are moist. (do not massage aggressively or any other motion other than down as this will cause matting of the hair)
4.I gently finger detangle starting from the tips to roots then after with a wide tooth comb making sure all shed hairs are removed. During this time also don't forget to remove shed hairs from the comb as well as your hands to prevent redepositing the shed hairs into your detangled hair.
twists or braids....you can do more or less depending on the size of the extensions)
Expect to have quite some shed hair depending on the time you spent with the braids in
5. Once completely detangled braided or twist up that section to get it out of the way.
6.After all extensions were out and detangled took i out the twisted or braided sections to prepare for my washing session. Then i put hair in 4-6 sections for an easier washing technique.  (you can also opt to leave the orginal sections from detanling to wash in).

***When taking out braids, you wanna detangle BEFORE getting in the shower. When you have braids in that long, there's a lot of shed hair that will "lock up" on you, if you just hit the loose hair with streaming water. It's a nightmare, and you'll lose so much more hair.

Because i had these in for 6 weeks it was obviously my heavy protein deep conditioning treatment was due. I used the Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise mixed with one egg and added a tablespoon of Extra virgin olive oil and a tablespoon of Avocado oil.I had this on for about an hour and then rinsed out, soon after i used my Rosemary water and Black tea rinse then air dried. I sprayed my Aphogee Keratin & Green tea Restructurizer i love this stuff , and finally applied Cantu Shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream sealed with Hot six oil and used Jamaican Black Castor Oil on my scalp and i put my hair in a bun. will put up pics below.

Otherwise it was not as bad having my hair in this protective style especially with the cold weather it did justice to my hair i have at least 1 and 1/2 inches of new growth and am loving the texture.thanks to my braid spray and EVCO my hair was really moisturized take down was not as bad except the locked hair in the back and the shed hairs that always make me shed a tear though its normal to have shed hair after 6 weeks of Protective Styling. So whats next ,my hair is on a one week break then cornrows in for 3 weeks. will update on that development soon.

 
Laters
Curlyeva .....xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next relaxer day.....